Updated on October 11th 2023
Is your furry friend's birthday coming up, and do you want to prepare some delicious dog cupcakes? Then you can't miss the three cupcake recipes that we share with you below. They are simple to prepare, and they are delicious!
The best thing is that they are suitable for dogs and humans, that way, you can share this birthday treat with your 4-legged friend. Great, isn't it?
My 3 Favorite Pupcakes Recipes: How To Prepare Cupcakes For Dogs Easily
If you like to bake, you will have a lot of fun cooking these pupcakes. You can even invite your children. The more hands, the better!
The result of these pupcakes recipes is perfect, and they are so, so delicious that you won't be able to avoid taking a bite.
1. Dog Cupcakes With Banana And Peanut Butter Flavor 🍌
What sounds good? To make these cupcakes, you need a few ingredients. Of course, they are all dog-friendly...and human-friendly too!
Ingredients For 12 Big Muffins
- 4 tbsp peanut butter without Xylitol
- 4 tbsp oil, you can choose extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil, or any other that you like
- 2 bananas
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- peanut butter, as much as you need
Note: It is very important that you verify that the peanut butter does not have Xylitol, since it is a dangerous substance for dogs. Read the labels!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. If you don't have any, use a little butter or oil and sprinkle with flour to prevent them from sticking.
- Mash the bananas.
- Put the oil, peanut butter, and honey in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix until it cannot be seen with the naked eye.
- Fill each mold 3/4 full of batter.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Garnish with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a slice of banana.
2. Apple Cupcakes 🍏
This is one of the best pupcakes recipes because you only need 4 basic ingredients. Surely you have everything at home, so what are you waiting for to get to work?
Ingredients For 8 Dog Cupcakes
- 2 apples
- 12 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Wash the two apples well and cut them into squares.
- Place the cut apples in a large bowl and add the peanut butter, eggs, and baking powder.
- Mix well until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin tins, up to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For decoration, wash the remaining apple, peel it and grate it.
- Take the apple to a hot pot and add the honey. Stir until the apple is cooked and caramelized.
- Place the cooked apple on top of the cupcakes.
You may be interested in: Easy Dog Cake Recipe Step By Step
3. Pumpkin And Carrot Cupcakes 🥕
If you like more options with vegetables, these cupcakes for dogs will delight everyone. They incorporate carrot and pumpkin, nothing healthier!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
For The Frosting
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Put the mixture in the muffin molds previously oiled. Fill no more than 3/4 of each mold.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- For decoration, mix the yogurt with the peanut butter and place a spoonful on each pupcake.
Which of these 3 easy cupcake recipes did you like the most? Enjoy your dog's birthday with these dreamy dog cupcakes.
What Are Pupcakes Made Of?
Pupcakes, a delightful treat designed for dogs, are typically made using dog-friendly ingredients that are safe and nutritious for them to consume. Common ingredients might include:
Flour: Often, whole wheat flour or a grain-free alternative like coconut flour is used.
Protein: This could be mashed banana, unsweetened applesauce, or even pumpkin purée, which are not only safe for dogs but also give the pupcakes a moist texture.
Sweetener: While traditional cupcakes use sugar, pupcakes might use a little honey or no sweetener at all, since dogs don’t need added sugars.
Binding Agent: Eggs are commonly used in pupcakes to bind the ingredients together.
Frosting: Instead of sugar-laden frosting, pupcakes might be topped with a dog-safe option like low-fat cream cheese, Greek yogurt, or peanut butter (ensure it doesn’t contain xylitol as it's toxic to dogs).
Add-ins: Think dog-friendly fruits or veggies, like blueberries or shredded carrots, for extra flavor and nutrition.
Always ensure that all the ingredients used are safe for your particular pet and consult with your vet if you’re introducing any new food to your dog’s diet. Remember to serve treats like pupcakes in moderation!
Are Dog Birthday Muffins Safe?
Yes, dog birthday muffins, often referred to as "pupcakes," can be safe and a delightful treat for your furry friend when made with appropriate, dog-friendly ingredients. It's crucial to ensure that the recipe avoids foods that are toxic to dogs, such as chocolate, xylitol (a sugar substitute), grapes, raisins, and certain nuts (like macadamia nuts).
Do Pupcakes Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, pupcakes generally need to be refrigerated. Considering that they often contain perishable ingredients like eggs, meat, or dairy products in the frosting (such as cream cheese or yogurt), it's advisable to store them in the refrigerator to maintain freshness and prevent spoilage.
Typically, pupcakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you've made a batch and have leftovers, you can also freeze them. Just ensure they are wrapped well or stored in a freezer-safe container to prevent freezer burn, and they can typically be kept in the freezer for up to three months.
Always check for signs of spoilage, such as an off smell or mold, before serving them to your pet, and allow them to thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving if frozen.