Is your furry friend's birthday coming up? Then you will love the easy dog cake recipe that we share with you today. Preparing this cake for dogs is very easy. It is also nutritious and very delicious.
We have chosen the ingredients with care so that it is not only tasty, but so that your dog birthday cake can also be presented beautifully.
Dog cake recipe: what should you keep in mind?
First of all, you should know that there are endless possibilities to prepare your dog's birthday cake. However, it is very, very important that you analyze the ingredients in depth before getting to work.
Remember that the digestive system of dogs does not work the same as ours and, therefore, some foods that do not harm humans can be harmful to them. With this in mind, you can choose a dog-friendly cake recipe.
As we saw in our article 10 human foods that dogs cannot eat, these are common ingredients in human cakes that you should avoid:
- Sugar and sweets in general
If you want to know more, visit here our article: 10 human foods your dog CANNOT eat.
Once these ingredients have been discarded, the time has come to focus on those that dogs can eat. Think of carrots, eggs, honey, and yogurt. Does this combination sound good?
Easy dog cake recipe
Now, it is time to present you with our easy dog cake recipe with ingredients that will not harm the health of your four-legged friend.
Note: if your dog has any food allergies, consult your trusted veterinarian before preparing this dog cake.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 400 grams of carrot
- 150 grams of natural yogurt
- 200 grams of oatmeal
Ingredients for decoration:
- 250 grams of natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 baby carrots
Discover: 10 human foods your dog can eat
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them.
- Add the yogurt, mix well, and reserve.
- Wash the carrots and grate them.
- Add the carrots to the yogurt and egg mixture.
- Stir in the oatmeal and blend gently with a wooden spoon (without beating, just until a smooth dough forms). The texture should be similar to that of any human cake. If there is too much liquid, add a tablespoon of oatmeal until you achieve the right texture.
- Prepare an 8-inch mold with paper on the bottom and on the sides to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Place the mixture in the mold.
- Bake at 356 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before decorating.
How to decorate the dog cake?
To prepare the bath for this birthday cake for dogs, you need to turn the yogurt into a kind of cream cheese suitable for dogs.
Let's see the step by step:
- Spread out a clean cloth.
- Place the yogurt in the middle and seal it tightly.
- Place the cloth with the yogurt on a strainer.
- Squeeze the cloth until the yogurt begins to lose liquid.
- When you cannot tighten the cloth anymore, make sure it is like this and leave the preparation on the strainer to drain all the liquid. This can take up to 12 hours.
- Once this time has passed, remove the yogurt (now cheese) from the cloth and place it in a bowl.
- Sweeten the cheese with a tablespoon of honey, stirring gently.
- Use this cheese to cover the cake.
- You can place two baby carrots on top to make the dog cake more beautiful and eye-catching.
Why we have chosen these ingredients
Let's see together the reasons why this easy dog cake recipe contains the mentioned ingredients. Are you ready?
Oatmeal contains fiber, vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. Of course, consider that we have used plain oatmeal for this recipe. Remember this because flavored oatmeal includes sugar, an ingredient totally discouraged for dogs due to the damage it can cause to their health.
Oatmeal is often included in dry dog food, as is clear from a 2013 study in the Nutrients magazine. However, it should be eaten in moderation (like everything else in life!).
The American Kennel Club recommends that the daily dose not exceed 15 grams of cooked oatmeal for every 20 pounds (around 9 kilos) of dog body weight.
This means that depending on the size of your puppy you will have to dose this delicious cake.
Eggs are a source of quality protein, vitamins, amino acids, and healthy fats. You should always offer your dog cooked eggs, never raw.
This low-calorie food provides minerals, vitamins and fiber. It is perfect for your dog to eat both raw and cooked. In fact, raw helps keep your teeth clean.
Yogurt can be a healthy snack for your dog, as long as he is not lactose intolerant. Remember to choose a yogurt without sugar or flavors and in the presence of any discomfort, suspend its consumption and consult with the vet.
Why not? Honey provides vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, and K), minerals and antioxidants. Of course, it should be consumed in moderation.
This easy dog cake recipe is nutritious, delicious, and looks spectacular. What are you waiting for to prepare it? Your dog will love it. The best? You can also try it.